Dog Dead After Getting Electrocuted While On Walk

Posted by

Florida resident, Lynn McDermott was out walking his dog when the pup named Charlie stepped on an electrified pull box lid on the sidewalk and got electrocuted causing him to die.

He just started convulsing and shaking. I put my hand down to try and grab his tail and my hand touched the top of the grate and it jolted me and at that moment I knew he was being electrocuted,” Lynn recalled of the horrifying incident that took Charlie’s life.

Lynn attempted to move his dog, according to NBC, but when he seen Charlie foaming at the mouth, he knew there was nothing more he could do to help save him.

After 911 attempted to perform CPR on the dog, Charlie passed away.

The City of Sarasota released a statement which explains that a burnt wire had made contact with the metal lid.

“Upon inspection, the metal pull box lid for the FDOT lights had become electrified. The power was de-energized, and it was determined there was a burnt wire underground in the pull box that had come in contact with the metal lid. From the street view, there was no indication of a faulty system. The wire has been repaired along with grounding the metal lid, and staff are performing precautionary safety inspections on other boxes in the vicinity.”

“Charlie brought a lot of love and joy. He was our home,” said Lynn of their beloved dog.

Like this post? Share it!

Related Posts

Show more ↓