Mac Miller’s Death Ruled An Accidental Overdose Of Fentanyl, Cocaine & Alcohol

Posted by

Almost two months following the sudden death of rapper Mac Miller, real name Malcolm James McCormick, the cause of death has been released. According to People, the 26-year-old’s death was an accidental overdose of fentanyl, cocaine, and alcohol. The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner said that his death was “due to mixed drug toxicity.”

Miller reportedly went into cardiac arrest following his overdose and was later found unresponsive when paramedics arrived at his home on September 7. The autopsy was completed three days following the star’s death and his body was released to his family, who have since buried him in their hometown of Pittsburgh, according to Los Angeles County coroner’s spokeswoman Sarah Ardalani.

View this post on Instagram

go outside

A post shared by Mac (@macmiller) on


The coroner’s report revealed Miller was discovered on his bed, “kneeling with his face resting on his knees” by his personal assistant. His assistant began to perform CPR until emergency services arrived and pronounced the rapper dead.

Mac has long suffered with substance abuse — In a 2016 short documentary by music magazine TheFader, the raper explained how he became heavily reliant on codeine-based cough syrup mixed with soda.

“It started by me just sitting inside all day and then it’s like, then you get bored. Then you’re like, ‘Well I could just be high, and I could have a whole adventure in this room,’ ” the “Self Care” rapper began. “I’m always like, if someone’s like, ‘You wanna try this?’ I’m like, ‘Yeah sure.’ It f—s you up when you have a bunch of money because you try a drug, you like it, then you can buy a lot of it. I went through about everything.”

Related Posts

X
Show more ↓